Announcement of demonetisation of RS 500 and Rs 1,000 notes
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a big announcement to rein on black money and corruption. 500 and Rs 1,000 notes will be illegal From Tonight. 2000 rupees notes will be issued from 10 November. The Prime Minister said that Rs 100, Rs 50, Rs 20, Rs 10, Rs 5, Rs 2 and Rs 1 of the notes and coins can be used for regular transactions. If you have 500 or 1000 rupees note, you do not need to panic. Modi said in his address to the nation to how can you change old notes.
- Changing facilities will be provided for amounting to Rs 5,000 to the people who are coming from or going abroad on international Airports with such old notes.
- Old notes will be allowed to accept on a public petrol pump and CNG gas station till 12pm of the night of November 11.
- The old notes are valid only for tickets for the next 72 hours on railway ticket booking counters, public buses, and airport ticket counter.
- The old notes of 500 will be accepted for payment in all government hospitals until midnight 12 pm on November 11.
- There have some special arrangements for the citizens until November 11 at 12 pm at night.
- ATM will not work on November 9 and 10
How can you change old notes
- You can deposit 500 and 1000 notes in the nearest bank or post office From November 10 to 30 December 2016. The bank or the post office will pay you for the amount of the deposit.
- If you will fail to deposit 500 and 1000 Note until December 30, 2016. Then there is another one chance for you. You can deposit your Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes in Reserve bank with ID until 30 March 2017.
- For Download Request Slip for Exchange of Old High Denomination Bank Notes Click Here