Do you remember the summer day? Where the sun is above your head and you are bothered by the scorching sun and heat. Imagine what the situation would be if two suns instead of one? Can be a planet with two suns? Yes! It is possible. Because it has been recently discovered a planet which has two suns. Its name is Kepler-1647-B: New planet discovered which has two Suns .
Kepler-1647-B: New planet discovered which has two Suns
It is a giant gaseous planet. The size and mass of this planet are roughly similar to Jupiter. This was found while orbiting a solar system of two stars. Because of which, it is estimated to its existence may be greatest in the universe. This is a gaseous planet like Jupiter. There is a possibility of the presence of water on this planet. Scientists think it’s possible there might be life. It is situated in the habitable zone of the star system.
It is 3700 light-years away from the Earth. Located in the Cygnus constellation. Kepler-1647-B might be 4.4 billion years old. This age is almost the same as the age of the earth. It is situated in the habitable zone of the star system.
It discovered by astronomers of The NASA Goddard Space Flight Center and San Diego State University. The planet discovered by NASA’s Kepler space telescope. The telescope was launched in 2009. Its aim was to find planets like Earth.
- One of these stars is a little larger than the Earth’s sun, whereas a star is slightly smaller than the sun.
- This is the largest of all the planets which have two stars who have been discovered yet.
- It might be 4.4 billion years old. This age is almost the same as the age of the earth.
- It completes orbiting the stars in 1107 earth’s days.
- It is located in the Habitable Zone of its stars.
- The Habitable Zone is the distance from stars where the water may be present in the fluid state.
- Useful: Size of Universe 93 billion light years wide
- Scientists believe that its orbital period is longest in all of the new planets discovered outside the solar system.
- It is a gaseous planet like Jupiter where life chances are less possible. If it has the big moons, then they can adapt to life.
- When a planet passes in front of its star, it slightly reduces the brightness of stars. By detecting this reduction In the light, astronomers discover planets located outside the solar system.
- Prior to this discovery, yet all known planets orbiting two stars were the size of Saturn.
- The planet orbits two stars is called Circumbinary. Sometimes it is called Tatooine also.